Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taking Advantage of Twilight Highlands

Most players are still around level 82, therefore, they are not currently flooding into Twilight Highlands.  This zone is absolutely full of mats.  There is still time for you to take advantage of free nodes.  If you haven't yet, take a break from leveling and go level your mining.  I've been farming there still this morning collecting Elementium Ore and Pyrite Ore.  I wanted to show the route that I fly in Twilight that helped me get my realm first.


I will go into details because as you can see I am not the best at using Paint.  You want to start by flying into Dragonmaw Pass, by flying in the middle you will be able to see nodes on both sides of the canyon.  After you exit Dragonmaw you want to fly along the northern wall closest to Grim Batol.  Once reaching the end of the zone turn around and fly down the southern wall.  This area has been consistently the best spot for me.  It is full of nodes because of the fast respawn rate.  After you fly along the southern wall of Grim, you move on to the waterfall beside Victor's Point.  You will then proceed to fly along the north side of the river until you get to the walls of Dragonmaw Port.  Cut across the river and fly along the south side at this point.  You will fly all the back up to the waterfall where you started then turn north.  You will then fly along the mountainside past The Twilight Breach, The Gullet, and up to Glopgut's Hollow.  Now at this point you are able to cut across and start right back over again.

Some Observations:
1. Pyrite seemed to spawn more along the Grim Batol canyon.  I found it to be a higher spawn rate there.  It might just be my luck, but if you are looking for Pyrite I would run the Grim Batol canyon.
2. Only area to fly in the middle of the canyon would be in Dragonmaw Pass.  It is the only canyon I feel is narrow enough to get ALL nodes on both sides.  In Grim and on the river it helps to split it north and south so you can make sure to grab all nodes.
3. There are no areas where you will draw agro following this route.  If you steer off to the side to chase a node its possible to draw some agro, but if you follow the route you should be uncontested.

Numbers: Everybody loves numbers
In a run I recently charted I collected:
112 Elementium Ore
14 Pyrite Ore
6 Volatile Water
5 Volatile Earth
9 Volatile Fire
2 Uncommon Gems

I did this in a grand total of 11 minutes.  So to sum it up, I'm begging you to please go level mining.  It is foolish to waste an opportunity like this.  Free nodes are out there, and I am going to go take them if you don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment